Pair Michigan asparagus, prosciutto, and eggs together and you have yourself the perfect pizza for your next brunch!
Viewing entries in
1 bunch asparagus
1 cup cooked or canned drained chickpeas
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
Juice of 1 large lemon
2-3 tablespoons tahini
1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Good pinch of salt flakes
Freshly ground pepper
Few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Chop asparagus and place in a food mill or processor. Add chick peas, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, tahini, salt, pepper and Tabasco and blend until smooth.
- If serving hummus right away, transfer to a serving bowl and serve with warmed pita pocket bread.
Note: hummus will store in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Makes 16-20 spears.
1lb. fresh Michigan Asparagus
8-10 strips of bacon
- Wash and trim asparagus spears.
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise.
- Wrap one-half strip bacon around each asparagus spear, leaving tip and end exposed.
- Lay on a baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until bacon is cooked).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.