Makes 4 servings
4 cups of chicken stock or canned broth
2 thin slices of fresh ginger (1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger may be substituted)
1/2 cup dry sherry
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/3 lb. fresh Michigan Asparagus
2 ounces cellophane noodles, cooked and drained
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cut Michigan Asparagus into 1 1/4 inch pieces.
- Bring chicken stock and ginger to boil.
- Stir in sherry and sesame oil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add fresh Michigan Asparagus and noodles.
- Cook until asparagus is tender-crisp (approximately 2-4 minutes).
- Stir in green onions and serve immediately.