Makes 5 servings (1 cup each)
1 can (14.5oz. or 15oz.) of Michigan Asparagus cuts and tips
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- Drain Michigan Asparagus, reserving liquid.
- Add enough milk to to liquid to measure 4 cups and set aside.
- Puree asparagus in food processor or blender and set aside.
- Cook onions in butter until soft (but not brown) in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, and bouillon.
- Add mild mixture and Michigan Asparagus, stirring until smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
- Serve hot and garnish, if desired.