Makes 4 to 6 servings
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
11/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Chicken and Vegetables Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
11/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 large clove garlic, crushed
11/2 cups cut-up fresh or frozen Michigan Asparagus
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet.
- Cook and stir chicken and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and garlic from pan and keep warm.
- Add Michigan Asparagus, carrots, green onions, mushrooms, and water chestnuts to pan.
- Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return chicken and garlic to pan.
- Add sauce.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce reaches a boil and has thickened.
- Serve chicken and vegetable mixture over hot cooked rice, if desired.